Finding the right tenant can be tough. Your Home guru will do the following:
- MLS: Property will be placed in the MLS (Multiple Listing Service). This is an informational database accessible to other REALTORS only.
- SIGNS: A ‘For Rent’ sign will be placed on the Property as allowed by City codes and/or HOA Rules. A brochure box with informational flyers will be placed with sign as allowed by City codes and/or HOA Rules.
- LOCKBOX: An electronic lockbox can be placed on property with both owner’s and current tenant’s (if applicable) signed permission. This allows access to the property to other agents. We are notified about any showings immediately via e-mail.
- INTERNET ADVERTISING: Property will be placed in online rental sites such as Westside Rentals, Zillow, Trulia, Apartments.com. This is at no cost to th Say something interesting about your business here.
- CLASSIFIED ADVERTISING: Advertisements can be placed in the classified section of a local paper at Owner’s expense. (ONLY DONE AT REQUEST OF OWNER.)
- APPLICATIONS: Any prospective tenants 18 years or older are required to fill out an application form to be submitted together with a copy of their driver’s license or ID and proof of income.
- SCREENING PROCESS: Your Home Guru will perform the following for all applicants as extensively as possible with information provided:
- Verify all application information
- Run credit checks on all applicants
- Verify employment
- Verify income
- Contact any past landlords for tenant history
- Arrange for a guarantor if approved by owner
We will then meet with you to discuss the results of the screening process and make any recommendations. As the owner, you have the final decision as to the tenant.
- LEASING: Upon approval of tenant by owner, Your Home Guru will complete the lease agreement by doing the following:
- Complete lease agreement and all leases, relevant addenda and disclosures as required by law.
- Collect the first month's rent and security deposit in the form of a cashier's check prior to your tenant's move-in.
- Meet with the tenant and ensure all agreements have been properly executed prior to their move-in.
- Your Home Guru will perform an extensive walk-thru with tenants prior to the move in date, documenting condition of property, including photographs.
- The tenant will complete and sign a “Move In – Move Out” form, that is a statement of condition verifying the condition of the property at the time of their move-in.
- The tenant will be reminded regarding rental payment terms and required property maintenance.
- COMPLETION: Upon completion of above, Your Home Guru will forward all funds received from tenant less any applicable fees or costs contained in Agreement to owner unless otherwise instructed.